Trumpet. Nominal pitch: D.
Technical description: Two-piece straight tube joined by brass ferrule; body made by splitting a branch into two halves, hollowing out the bore, then gluing together the two halves and covering with wound birch bark; with integral mouthpiece. Repair History: Instrument may have originally been in one piece; tube now divided in two and fitted with socket and tenon joint.
Selén, Rune [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.12 End-blown straight labrosones with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18400