Tenor/bass cavalry valve trombone. Nominal pitch: C+G.
Technical description: Brass; angled layout; tuning-slide with wide bow; 3 valves for right hand, 4th for left hand; ligature fitting at joint. Valve type: 4 Berlin-type valves (ports of each in a plane, with straight through path when not operated; less then 90° windway deflection when valves operated).
Sax, Adolphe [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:Length along bell section 682; length along valve section 524; bell 167.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15009