Bass cavalry valve trombone. Nominal pitch: B♭+F.
Technical description: Brass; angled (cavalry) layout; trigger action intonation slide with spring return for R0 on 7th valve tubing. Adjustable rest for left hand; finger ring for R4. The 7th valve gives the normal lowering of a 4th; the intonation slide needs to be fully lifted for B?-F change and fully lowered for E-B. Valve type: 6 independent pistons, bottom sprung, in usual two groups of three for R1, R2, R3, L1, L2, L3; very long Périnet valve, top sprung, in main windway for L4.
D. & P. Le Brun
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:Length along valve section 630; length along bell section 705; bell diameter 186.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16142