Soprano flugelhorn. Nominal pitch: 3Â¼-ft E♭.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass. Ligature tuning at mouthpipe. Mouthpipe leads directly to 1st valve, tubing leads from 3rd valve in single coil to bell. Leaf spring water-key. Cardholder box on bellpipe. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves. Repair History: 1st and 3rd v.t.s. extended for use at lower pitch by spacing rings. Main tubing patched (or reinforced) between 3rd valve and water-key.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:338; bell 118.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15326