Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭.A.
Technical description: Nickel silver, gilt inside bell. Mother-of-pearl valve touchpiece inlays. Fixed mouthpipe. Quick-change for A. Two water-keys. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top-sprung with compression spring inside hollow stem; alignment by slightly unequal width of end of spring anchor bar (not foolproof, permits incorrect assembly). Rotary quick-change valve.
1913 or soon after
Couturier, Ernst Albert [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Elkhart/Indiana/United States of America
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:381; bell 118.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16760