Serpentcleide. Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.
Technical description: Wood bound with impregnated fabric; metalwork silver-plated brass. Crook (three-quarter coil), length excluding tenon 830. No overlapping keys. Bell garland silver-plated brass. R0:
Between 1849 and 1859, probably circa 1850
Pask, John [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:1020; bell 206.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14745