Military side drum.
Technical description: Wooden shell, nailed together with pattern of dome-headed nails. Rope-tension with ten buffs. Snare of four strands of rope (not gut). 16-inch heads. Repair History: A slit in the snare head has been stitched; the batter (top) head has been broken and sewn together in two places.
Labelled Henry Potter & Co
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:211.212.11-92 Individual double-skin cylindrical drums, one skin used for playing with membrane lapped onto a hoop
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18550