Bass horn. Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.
Technical description: Brass body with plain garland. Crook of copper with brass bow guard, end ferrules and middle ferrule. 6 finger-holes in usual two groups of three, each group on a raised platform; 3 keys, for L0, L4 and R4; the key-hole for L4 on raised platform for right hand finger-holes. R0: Keymount type: saddles. Keyhead type: flat, round.
Curtis, Richard [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Edinburgh/City of Edinburgh/Scotland
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16967