Bell-forward tenor horn. Nominal pitch: F.
Technical description: Brass, 4 valves, with shank; water-key and fitting for music card-holder. It is not known what name would have been used for this instrument by its maker or original users. Valve type: 4 Périnet valves, top sprung with compression spring outside tubular stem; alignment by key on piston, groove in casing bore.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:length 428; bell 178.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14981