Trompe de Chasse. Nominal pitch: 14-ft D.
Technical description: 3½ coils; brass; inside of bell painted black. Metal construction: mouthpipe, 5 intermediate segments and bell, with overlapping joints except first and last joints (ferrule); wired bell rim, no garland. Bell flare external diameter at one bell diameter c30.5.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:648; corpus diameter 395; bell diameter 261-267.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15186