Natural horn. Nominal pitch: 14-ft D.
Technical description: 3½ coils; brass; ligature tuning at mouthpipe. Metal construction: mouthpipe, 4 intermediate segments and bell, overlapping joints; wired bell rim, no garland.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:506 perpendicular to bell; corpus diameter 410; bell diameter 289.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16258