Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Rosewood, 3 sections (lower body and foot in one piece); silver keys with slim keytouches and shanks; 3 ivory ferrules; ivory cap; no tuning-slide but graduated ivory screw-stopper; slightly oval embouchure-hole; overlapping low C/C♯ touches; socket at top of upper body, tenon on head. Keymount type: knob. Keyhead type: flat, round; low C♯ [and C] pad riveted to keyhead. Repair History: A few springs have been replaced and roughly soldered to keytouches; lowest keyflap is a replacement by Daniel Bangham (2002).
Ante 1816 - 1821
Rose, John Mitchell [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Edinburgh/City of Edinburgh/Scotland
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15523