Trompe de chasse. Nominal pitch: 14-ft D.
Technical description: 6½ coils; yellow brass with german silver mouthpiece receiver ferrule; inside of bell painted black. Metal construction: mouthpipe, 8 intermediate segments and bell, overlapping joints except last (brass ferrule); single gusset in bell, plain garland, width 28. Repair History: There is a neat oval patch 12 × 19 on bell segment c400 from end.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:perpendicular to bell 384; corpus diameter 245; bell diameter 258.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14915