Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass. The moving part of the main tuning-slide has the proximal outer leg and the distal inner leg. Leadpipe enters 3rd valve casing at 30° right of front; 3rd valve loop leaves from left and returns to front; bellpipe exits 1st valve casing at the left. Double water-key with single touch-piece. Fitting for music card holder, mounted with ligature clamp on 3rd valve tuning-slide Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top sprung with spring inside hollow stem; alignment by 3 unequal lugs on spring plate.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:311; bell 124.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18075