Mellophone. Nominal pitch: E♭
Technical description: Brass, circular wrap with downward-pointing bell. Water-key; ligature clamp on main tuning-slide; fitting for music card-holder. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, bottom sprung; alignment by key on piston. Repair History: Patch c 9mm on bell rim.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.2 Valve horns with wider bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:568; corpus diameter c290; bell 257.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15603