Tenor trombone. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass. With alternative tuning-slides: one putting the bell in over-the-shoulder configuration (a single slide); the other putting the bell in normal forward-facing configuration (but only a single slide). The playing slide has no stockings. Repair History: The tuning-slide for rear-facing configuration is a replacement. The tapered piece at the top of the ascending playing slide (to fit into receiver on bell section) appears to be an addition or a replacement.
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.22 Labrosones with slides
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:with bell to rear: 1248; to front 1080. Bell 139.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16598