Trompe Ã neuf tours. Nominal pitch: 14-ft D
Technical description: Brass. A full-length (14-ft) trompe de chasse (hunting horn) wound compactly into nine coils. Repair History: Cleaned and mouthpipe sever repaired, dents ameliorated by S.Benzie 1998.
Probably early 20th century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:424; bell 219.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15285