Soprano flugelhorn. Nominal pitch: 3Â¼-ft E♭.
Technical description: Brass; ligature tuning at mouthpipe; fitting for music card holder. Valve type:3 Périnet valves, bottom sprung; alignment by key on piston. Repair History: Replacement mouthpipe supplied by S.Benzie, 1998.
Late 19th Century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:318; bell 128.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15642