Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭ etc.
Technical description: Brass, with 2 shanks and 4 crooks; fitting for music card holder. Valve type: 2 Stölzel valves, with wax partitions.
Post 1827, probably c1840
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11-4 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m) and with crooks
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11-4 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m) and with crooks
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:264; bell 120 - 122.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18582