Trompe de Lorraine. Nominal pitch: 14-ft D.
Technical description: Brass, partly covered with brown leather. Two rings for sling. A full-length (14-ft) trompe de chasse (hunting horn) with most of the tubing wound compactly around the bell.... square cross-section ...
Late 19th Century
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.121.22 End-blown labrosones with curved or folded tubes, with mouthpiece
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:404; bell 150.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16044