Cornet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Brass. Leadpipe enters 3rd valve casing at the right; 3rd valve loop leaves from 30° left of front and returns to 30° left of front; bellpipe exits 1st valve casing at 45° left of back. Two water-keys, with touchpieces side by side. Fitting for music card holder. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top sprung; alignment by key on piston.
1892 or just before
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:322; bell 122.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16940