Technical description: Brass, 3 valve with 5 crooks: (a) for A♭; (b) for G, (c) for F, (d) for E♭; (e) for D; fitting for music card holder. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, bottom sprung; alignment by key on piston.
Probably early 20th century
Roger J. Ward [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.12-4 Valve horns with narrow bore, with long air column (more than 2 m) and with crooks
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.12-4 Valve horns with narrow bore, with long air column (more than 2 m) and with crooks
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:590; corpus diameter c320; bell 275.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18335