Tenor recorder. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Light wood; one-piece construction; 6 finger-holes plus thumb-hole; brass key for lowest tone-hole, under fontanelle; removable fontanelle has protective brass inlay at each end; double (butterfly) keytouch; curved windway; wooden block; straight lip, not sloping as on original (3921); window less tall than on original. Keyhead type: flat round, open-standing, under fontanelle.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.221.12 Open flutes with internal duct with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16588