Flugelhorn bugle. Nominal pitch: 5½-ftG.
Technical description: chromium-plated brass; two Amado plunger-type water keys; intonation slides on 1st and 3rd valve tuning-slides with finger rings for control. Valve type: 3 Périnet valves, top sprung with compression spring outside stem; alignment by key on lower spring support plate.
D. E. G.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Lake Geneva/Wisconsin/United States of America
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:417; bell 190.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15209