Serpent. Nominal pitch: 8-ft C.
Technical description: leather-covered wood with brass fittings; ivory chimneys on tone-holes; loop for sling on central stay. R0:
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.213-71 Labrosones with fingerholes and with keys, with (wider) conical bore
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:736; bell external diameter 107.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15841