Cornutum. Nominal pitch: 4-ftC.
Technical description: silver-plated brass; ligature tuning-slide at mouthpipe. Valve type: unusual windway arrangement in pistons, see literature reference.
1845 or soon after
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:383; bell 128.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14690