Flugelhorn. Nominal pitch: 4½-ftB♭.
Technical description: Silver-plated brass; ligature tuning shank at mouthpipe; 3-valve 'Enharmonic' system valves: 1st and 2nd valves double with respect to 3rd. Windway leads from mouthpipe to 3rd valve, then via one of two alternative windways through 2nd and 1st valves back to the third valve, thence to bell. With water-key and fitting for music card holder. Valve type: 3 Périnet-type valves, bottom sprung; alignment by key on piston. Repair History: Collar added to tuning shank to reduce maximum insertion and lower basic pitch.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.231.11 Valve bugles with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:409; bell 144.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17131