Cornet. Nominal pitch B♭ etc
Technical description: brass, 3 valves; S-shaped leadpipe; ring for R4; socket fitting for spike-type music card holder. Valve type: 1st and 3rd valves Stölzel type, but with all tubing entering the sides of the valves rather than the bottom; 2nd valve Périnet (larger diameter middle valve); top sprung with compression spring in capsule; alignment by key on piston.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.232.11 Valve horns with narrow bore, with short air column (less than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:327; bell 124.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15298