Bass valve trombone. Nominal pitch: 12-ftF.
Technical description: brass with german silver trim; two rings for sling; loop for R0; water-key on m.t.s. Valve type: 3 rotary valves; cork buffers on rotor arms.
Bohland & Fuchs [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
Graslitz, Czechoslovakia (now Kraslice, Czech Republic)
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:423.233.2 Valve trumpets with long air column (more than 2 m)
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:867; bell 216 - 223 (ellipticity probably not original).
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18446