Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Six pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, middle section for the fingers of the right hand, lower section with keys, bell. Boxwood mouthpiece with long tenon, grooved for cord, probably original. Waisted barrel. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a bell-shaped swelling. Zig-zag F♯₃/C♯₅. Bevelled G♯₃/E♭₅. Guidance for bascule key in round ring. 5keys. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; trill key for throat A-B♮. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings (square and round), swelling. Keyhead type: square flat.
Miller, George [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:610, 675 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14884