Clarinet. Nominal pitch: A.
Technical description: Stained boxwood with one ivory ferrule and brass keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, middle section for the fingers of the right hand, lower section with keys and integral bell. Original mouthpiece, barrel by Jeremy Soulsby. Lever for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a swelling. Detachable L4 lever by J.Soulsby. SATB. Block to throat A and speaker with centre marks. 4keys. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: blocks, swelling. SATB. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: Replacement barrel and L4 lever. Two copies of the mouthpiece of Hans Rudolf Stalder's Rottenburgh, also ex- Briqueville, made by Tutz, Innsbruck, 1979.
composite J.B.Willems / G.A.Rottenburgh.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:738 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15368