Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, middle section for the fingers of the right hand, lower section with keys with integral bell. Original mouthpiece grooved for cord. Turned guide lines in upper square rings. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a bell-shaped swelling. Bascule key guided in a round turned ring with tuned guide line. Zig-zag G♯₃/E♭₅. 5keys. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling. Keyhead type: flat square.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:665 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14622