Clarinet. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Rosewood with ivory ferrules and german silver keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Original named socket-type mouthpiece. Short flask shaped barrel with a tenon. All keys block mounted except F♯₃/C♯₅ in a high saddle. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a bell-shaped swelling. 10keys, 1german silver roller. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T; E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T; B♮₃/F♯₅. R3: T; B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: blocks, swelling, saddle. Keyhead type: flat round. Repair History: Mouthpiece has a replaced tip.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15638