Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Blackwood with ivory ferrules and silver keywork. Six pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, middle section for the fingers of the right hand, lower section with keys, bell. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. Cross F₄/C₆ instead of side key. Ivory tube in thumb-hole. Extendable L4 levers. Integral wooden thumb rest. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T; cross F₄/C₆. L3: T; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T. R3: T; B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, blocks, swelling. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: The mouthpiece is a replacement. The bell is a replacement.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16297