Clarinet. Nominal pitch: C (?)
Technical description: Dark stained boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, middle section for the fingers of the right hand, lower section with keys and integral bell. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a bell-shaped swelling. Turned guide lines in swelling. 3short keys SATB. 2levers SATK. Extendable L4 levers. Middle section does not fit well and may belong to a B♭ clarinet. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T. G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: rudiments of turned rings, swelling. Keyhead type: flat square.
composite J.B.Willems / G.A.Rottenburgh.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:536 to top of upper section.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14905