Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭/A.
Technical description: Boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Eight pieces: mouthpiece, two barrels (B♭, B♭), two upper sections (B♭/A), two middle section for the fingers of the right hand (B♭/A), lower section with keys, bell. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. Extendable L4 levers. Five original keys mounted in turned rings and swelling, five added, some of them mounted in saddles. 10keys. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T. L3: T; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T. R3: T; B♭₃/F♮₅; side B♮₃/F♯₅. R4: T; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, swelling, saddles. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: 5keys added. Restored for William Maynard by Brian Ackerman.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:(B?) 611, (A) 639.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14799