Clarinet, Nominal pitch: E♭.
Technical description: Blackwood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece [probably original], barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Mouthpiece grooved for cord. Speaker chimney; speaker liner projects c2mm into bore; tube in thumb-hole projects about 2mm into bore. 14keys, 4rings. Wide german silver bell ring. Not full Oehler system. L0: T. L1: T + ring + vent; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T + ring + vent. L3: T; E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; alternative lever for G♯₃/E♭₅. R1: T; side F₄/C₆; side E♭₄/B♭₅; side trill for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C; alternative touchpiece for C♯₄/G♯₅. R2: T + spectacle ring. R3: T + spectacle ring (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross key for B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: F₃/C₅; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: pinned in pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:435; 495 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15710