Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Blackwood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Ebonite mouthpiece marked for a ligature. Curved speaker with a chimney on the front of the instrument. Long tailed throat A♭. Barret action. Additional R4 F♯₃/C♯₅. Csharp mechanism. 14keys, 4rings, 8ivory rollers. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T + ring; throat A♭. L3: T + ring; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; Barret action (F₄/C₆; E♭₄/B♭₅) side trills 1-2. R2: T + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅; F♯₃/C♯₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
1895 - c1910
Hawkes & Son [Corporation]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:474, 542 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16282