Clarinet. Nominal pitch: E♭.
Technical description: Ebonite with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Largely german silver lined. Zig-zag speaker with chimney on front of the instrument. 12keys, 2rings, 4black rollers. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T; throat A♭. L3: T; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; side F₄/C₆; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern. Repair History: The barrel and bell are replacements.
February 1904 - 1912, probably 1907
Boosey & Co
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17411