Basset horn. Nominal pitch: F.
Technical description: Boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork and bell. Six pieces: mouthpiece, curved barrel, upper section, knee, lower section with book, bell. All keys in turned wooden rings or blocks except bascular brass guide. Oval bell is a replacement based on Griesbacher. F₃/C₅touchpiece in centre. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R0: D₃, C₃. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: F₃/C₅; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings, blocks, saddle. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: The bell is a replacement.
Grenser, Johann Heinrich Wilhelm
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16512