Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Plastic with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Perforated plate and two vents for R1 in order to improve intonation. No trill keys for R1. 12keys, 7rings, 1plate. L0: T + ring F₄/C♮₆; speaker. L1: T + plate F♯₄; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T + E♭₄/B♭₅ corresponding ring. L3: T. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; F₃/C♮₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T + ring. R2: T + ring. R3: T + ring; cross B♮₃/F♯₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; E₃/B♮₄; F₃/C♮₅; F♯₃/C♯₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16208