Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Rosewood with nickel plated german silver ferrules and keywork. Four pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, one-piece body, bell. Unstamped ebonite mouthpiece. Articulated C♯₄/G♯₅, opened by L4, closed by R1. Additional L4 lever for G♯₃/E♭₅. Patent Csharp mechanism. Massive tube in thumb-hole. 15keys, 6rings, 6metal rollers. L0: T; speaker. L1: T + ring; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T + ring + vent. L3: T + ring; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅; G♯₃/E♭₅. R1: T + ring; side F₄/C₆; side E♭₄/B♭₅; side trill key 1-2. R2: T + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern.
Del Bono Bocchia / Sioli
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/14815