Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭/A.
Technical description: Boxwood with horn ferrules and brass keywork. Eight pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, A and B♭ upper section, A and B♭ middle section for the fingers of the right hand, lower section with keys, bell. Mouthpiece, grooved for cord, marked with star / "FLOTH". 5keys. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T. G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. Keyhead type: square flat.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:B? 581, with mouthpiece 654; A606, with mouthpiece 679.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17102