Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Boxwood with brass keywork and turned wooden ferrules. Three pieces: mouthpiece with integral barrel, body and bell with R4 tone-hole duplicated for L4. 3rd key is for right thumb. Speaker liner projects almost into centre of bore. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A. L2: T. L3: T. L4: T. R0: E₃/B♮₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T. Keymount type: wooden turned rings; SATB. Keyhead type: flat square.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:684 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/17089