Clarinet. Nominal pitch: D.
Technical description: Boxwood with brass keys. Ferrules turned out of the wood. Three pieces: mouthpiece with integral barrel, body and bell with F₃/C₅ tone-hole. 2keys. Speaker liner projects almost in the centre of the bore. SATB. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A. L2: T. L3: T. L4: T. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T. Keymount type: needle pins in turned wooden rings. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: Mouthpiece/barrel a replacement.
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:544 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15270