Clarinet. Nominal pitch: A.
Technical description: Blackwood with silver plated german silver ferrules and keywork. Four pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, one-piece body, bell. Articulated C♯₄/G♯₅ opened by L4, closed by R1. R1 also connected to a vent key under F₃/C₅ touchpiece to improve the intonation of B₃/F♯₅. 14keys, 2rings, 1plate. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T. L3: T; cross E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: Plate; side F₄/C₆; side E♭₄/B♭₅; side trill key for throat G-A or C₆-D₆; side trill for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T + spectacle. R3: T + spectacle (forked B♭₃/F♮₅); cross B♭₃/F♮₅. R4: G♯₃/E♭₅; F₃/C₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern. Repair History: Crude extension of throat A♭ key in order to conform to British fingering.
Rampone & Cazzani
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:628, 700 with mouthpiece.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/16056