Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭/A.
Technical description: Boxwood with ivory ferrules and brass keywork. Eight pieces: mouthpiece two barrels (B♭, B♭), two upper sections (B♭/A), two middle sections for the fingers of the right hand (B♭/A), lower section with keys and integral bell. Levers for L4, tone-hole and key for R4 mounted in a fusiform swelling. Extendable L4keys. No centre grooves in top rings. Throat A and speaker keys SATB. 5keys. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮. L2: T. L3: T. L4: E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T. R2: T. R3: T. R4: T. G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: turned wooden rings and swelling. Keyhead type: flat square. Repair History: The mouthpiece is contemporary, but not original.
Porthaux, Dominique Antony [Person]
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- Measurements:B? 612, A638.
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18589