Clarinet. Nominal pitch: B♭.
Technical description: Cocus wood with german silver ferrules and keywork. Five pieces: mouthpiece, barrel, upper section, lower section, bell. Composite instrument with pieces made by different makers. Curved speaker with chimney on front of the instrument. L0: T; speaker. L1: T; throat A♮; throat A♭. L2: T. L3: T; E♭₄/B♭₅. L4: C♯₄/G♯₅; E₃/B♮₄; F♯₃/C♯₅. R1: T; side F₄/C₆; side trill key for throat A-B♮ and B♭-C. R2: T. R3: T; B♭₃/F♮₅; side B♮₃/F♯₅. R4: F₃/C₅; G♯₃/E♭₅. Keymount type: screwed in pillars. Keyhead type: modern. Repair History: Upper section has been repaired. C♯₄/G♯₅ has been repaired.
W.Hampe / C.Mahillon
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:422.211.2 (Single) clarinets with cylindrical bore, with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15118