Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Cocus; 5sections; silver keys; 6ivory ferrules plus cap; graduated screw-stopper; graduated, wood-covered tuning-slide; metal-lined head; oval embouchure-hole; overlapping lowC/C♯ touches. R0: Keymount type: ring/knob. Keyhead type: pewter plug, with metal-lined key-holes. Repair History: Ckey may be a replacement or a later addition, as it has a differently-shaped keytouch to, and slightly heavier spring than, the other keys; cap may be a replacement.
R.Potter or W.H.Potter
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/15584