Flute. Nominal pitch: C.
Technical description: Stained boxwood; 5sections; silver keys; 5ivory ferrules plus cap; graduated screw-stopper; graduated, wood-covered tuning-slide; metal-lined head; large oval embouchure-hole; overlapping lowC/C♯ touches. R0: Keymount type: ring/knob, with metal-lined channels. Keyhead type: pewter plug, with metal-lined key-holes.
Late 18th or early 19thcentury
University of Edinburgh
- Inventory number:
- Place of production:
- Hornbostel-Sachs classification:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Specific materials/techniques:
- Decorative elements:
- Hornbostel-Sachs category:421.121.12 Open side-blown flutes with fingerholes
- Repository:University of Edinburgh
- View the original record:https://collections.ed.ac.uk/mimed/record/18116